It’s the middle of the week and already I am tired and overwhelmed. Well we all have weeks like these. Quite often people wait for holidays or weekends for self reflection. In my opinion though, self reflection is of utmost importance during the middle of a busy week.
“The true purpose of self-reflection is to correct our mistaken thoughts and actions, and learn from them, thereby creating a more constructive life. Self-reflection is not just the simple act of discovering past mistakes and making up for these mistakes, like resetting a negative to zero. The ultimate objective of self-reflection is the development of a more positive self and the realization of a utopia on earth as the fulfillment of God’s will.”
~ From the book: Ten Principles of Universal Wisdom
Let us look at some habits which we can inculcate for self reflection and personal growth
- Be honest : Being honest with yourself about how things are going and how you are behaving.
- Notice Behaviour Patterns : Be aware of your habit so you can actively weaken the ones you don’t want and strengthen the ones you do want.
- Be Able to articulate your core values : Take time to consider what’s most important to you so that you can evaluate whether or not you’re living those values.
- Be forgiving : Be gentle with yourself when you don’t get it right. We all make mistakes.
- Keep track of your self-reflection : Start a journal where you record you observations and monitor your personal growth.
So you do have a self -reflection routine? Share here with the larger community to help others. Looking forward to your comments :). Happy Wednesday!